Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling Better

Today I woke up with a lot more energy than I've had in a while, and it feels so good. I worked out harder on my treadmill than I've been able to in ages. Maybe my body is adjusting to the diet, etc.

Yesterday I doubled up on my trace minerals, maybe that had something to do with it. I take a liquid fulvic mineral supplement called Vital-Earth Fulvic Mineral Complex. I've been on it about a month but have only taken one ounce per day. Yesterday I took one in the am and one in the pm. It takes the muscle aches away, and I haven't had a migraine for a while either, so I think it's helping with that. According to the information I printed out on it, it is supposed to be absorbed very quickly into the cells, and helps repair the damage of free radicals, or if the cells are too damaged, it helps the body flush them out. Hopefully it will help repair my damaged liver cells so it can work better.

I'm doing well on the herbal cleanse (called First Cleanse) that I'm on. I've taken it before a few months ago, and decided to stay on this one for now because it is gentle. I've come to the conclusion that until my body starts working properly, I should always be on an herbal cleanse of some kind because I just don't metabolize food the way I'm supposed to, and therefore a residue will always be left behind and cause problems. I am going to the bathroom more easily now, without any laxatives, and sleeping pretty well, too, so things are looking up!

One thing that isn't positive (I don't think) is that I tried the "spit test" for candida a few days ago where you spit in a glass of water first thing in the morning and see if there are "legs" that come off the spit when it floats in the water. I've done this test a lot before, and never had anything happen. The spit just dissolved after a short while. I tried it a few times in the past few days, and each time, there are LEGS. At first I was upset by this, but it would explain why my gut hasn't healed all the way. I realize that it also may be the result of all the cleansing I'm doing - just forcing the candida out from its hiding places.

Anyway, I'm looking into getting on pau d'arco, caprylic acid, and maybe some garlic to fight the yeast. I can't do it right now, because I have a trip out of town coming up in a couple of weeks, and I hate to add more to my program when I'm going to be away for a week. I'm already smelly enough right now. Has anyone had any experience taking the pau d'arco or caprylic acid? I don't know what to expect, but since everything seems to affect me adversely at first, I'm expecting to be sick for a while. Wahoo! So much to look forward to!

3 comments:

loubell said...

hi
i found a really good website for candida support at candidasupport.org they have tablets there for candida. i have ordered some and will keep you updated as to how they go. There is alot of interesting information on the website, i recommend checking it out.

Ritz said...

Thanks, Loubell:

I'll look up that website for sure. I don't know much about fighting candida, because I never thought it was an issue for me. As I research leaky gut syndrome, though, most experts believe if you have leaky gut, it is most likely caused by candida, so I really think that is something I need to take care of right away. I hope things go well when you start taking the tablets.

Anonymous said...

how is it going Ritz?