Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Staying Motivated

I've been having trouble staying "up" lately, and I know it is the result of lots of toxins in my body moving around brought on by the cleansing I'm doing, but it still gets to me. I also noticed an increase in the b.o. that the Chinese herbs doesn't seem to take away. I should have expected it, of course, there has never been a single product that produced much of a change in my situation. I'm tired of the emotional rollercoaster. I want to wake up every day and say "today, I'll get a little closer to my goal", and most days I can do that, but not everyday. I stopped working out as hard, due to lack of energy, but that has definitely affected my mood. Today I went back to the full work out and even raised the end of my treadmill so it would be tougher, and I'm feeling better already.

I also got back to my meditation/yoga that I was doing every morning before getting on the treadmill. It seems to put me in a better frame of mind and more prepared to take on the day. I just have to stay motivated and keep this stuff up. It really makes a difference.

There was a woman on t.v. who won the show "The Biggest Loser" (a contest about losing the most weight). She is the only woman who has ever won that show, and she said it was so hard to keep fighting and working toward her goal - especially in the beginning. She said initially she had to say the words "I'm going to win" and keep saying them until she believed it, and then keep believing it until she succeeded. For now, I'm in the "saying" phase, but it's still a step in the right direction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Ritz, i totally understand where you are coming from. i am constantly hassled at work but unfortunately am not in the position to leave. Did you try candida diet and detox? or this something unrelated to our smelling issue?

Ritz said...

Hi Loubell, I admire you for sticking it out at your job. You have the right to be there (and everywhere) just like everyone else. I have to constantly tell myself that. I haven't done anything to cause this, and if others can't deal with it, tough shit.

The diet that I'm on now is like the candida diet on steroids. In other words, it's even more strict than the candida diet because it doesn't allow any grains or fruit at all. It's mostly just vegetables, meat and eggs.

I've come to the conclusion in the past few days that my leaky gut syndrome hasn't healed, (I believe that is what causes my smell) and I'm in the process of trying to figure out what steps I need to take to heal it once and for all. Things will never get better until my gut is healed, so that's where I am right now. It won't be much of a change for me, because the diet is the same for leaky gut as it is for candida/detox.

Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ritz,

It is hard especially the lack of energy. The only diet that gave me a clean feeling plus energy was eating only raw foods. I could only do it 3 days at a time...after which I would crave starches like rice and potatoes. Man the work thing is the toughest...also, the Candida diet did work...staying completely off sugar is a test. I can't seem to stay on these things longer than about 3 days! aaarrrggg...

Ritz said...

Sherri: Yeah, I guess there's a reason for the food pyramid to contain mostly grains (starches). People are supposed to eat them to have energy and feel good. I certainly have more energy and look better too when on them, but my gut isn't happy at all when I have them. It sucks, but that's just the way it is, I guess.