Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chinese Herbs

As I mentioned before, my acupuncture doctor prescribed some Chinese herbs a couple of years ago that I briefly tried and didn't get any results from. I decided to try them again this week because I researched what they do, and it says they help when the liver is stagnate. I've done liver flushes and herbal detox since the doctor gave me these pills (called xiao yao wan), so I figured my liver might be a lot more receptive to the herbs now.

The good news is, I think they are really helping with the body odor. I've been feeling smelly for the past two months, and I know the carbs, etc. that I had been eating played a big part in that. But after starting on the herbs, I could no longer smell my odor in the house. Yesterday I had a real chance to test the theory, and passed the test with flying colors at a meeting I had to attend with eight other people in a very small room that lasted about an hour and a half. No one in the room sat with their hand to their nose. That confirmed to me that things are at least better. So it may be that the diet is helping, but I also think the herbs are responsible for the improvement overall.

As I mentioned, the reason I think the herbs may be working now, is that I've done lots of liver cleansing during the past year and a half. I think that is key. Another benefit I've noticed from the herbs is that I can sleep now that I'm taking them. Insomnia has been a problem for me for years.

It may be too early to talk about results from something I've only been taking a few days, but I think that the more good/hopeful news about this condition that there is, the better off we all are.

No comments: