Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Problem Fixed

I think the problem has been fixed (thanks to Sherri) and now anyone who wants to comment on this blog can.

I've been feeling physically really bad lately because when I'm following the strict diet, exercise routine, etc. it starts the cleansing process right away, and my body can't keep up with all the toxins being released into my system (can't throw them off fast enough) and I have been getting the usual headaches, body aches and just generally feeling awful. I think my age may have something to do with that - maybe younger people have less trouble with detox symptoms. It makes me feel very blah, too, and it's hard to be enthusiastic and excited when I talk to friends or family. I don't discuss my diet/cleansing plans with anyone except my immediate family, and I'm sure people wonder what is wrong with my mood when I'm going through this. I wish I could talk to more people about it, but I'm afraid it would make them feel uncomfortable, so I just choose not to.

Anyway, it's times like this that make it really hard to stick with this diet. It would be so easy to just have the coffee and bagel and feel a lot better, but I'm in it for the long haul this time, so on I go. How is everyone else doing?

2 comments:

mybloomnart said...

It seems when I have company over I completely go off the diet. So after having family over for most of the week...I'm in the starting over mode. The detox symptoms your describing are what I went through right before I "lost" the smell about 2 years ago (the odor free-ness lasted about 2-3 days, until I ate a chocolate muffin!). So don't give up!

Ritz said...

Thanks, Sherri - I won't give up. I know what you mean about having company and family stuff. That is my toughest time, too. I like to fix big meals for everyone, and I usually eat what every one else is having. I always say to myself "tomorrow I'll get right back to eating right" but for me, that isn't possible. If I go off for even a day, it is so hard to get back on track. I wanted to have a "cheat day" once a month, but I don't think I'll be able to do that because it will turn into a "cheat month". It's so hard to be strong! Good luck, Sherri.